Polo Planned enhancements part 1



After almost 2 months of driving the Polo, I must say that it really delivers and performs as advertised. However me being ME and to my lovely wifey's dismay, I was not able to resist the lure of the DARK side. Therefore, the car will not stay in stock condition for long. Warranty issues aside, I have been a really bad boy, surfing websites to source for aftermarket parts.

However to my disappointment, there ain't much aftermarket parts available for modifications  in Singapore. So I have to take the next step and look outside of Singapore and look at the EU countries such as Germany, England, Poland, etc to build my poison list.




So far, I have only managed to order and installed some parts from my poison list. Nevertheless, let me share what I have found so far.
  1. Superpro bushings
  2. Whiteline rear sway bar
  3. Air filter
  4. Sports pedals
  5. Eibach pro kit
  6. OE looking aftermarket head unit
  7. Rims
  8. Forge dump valve kit
  9. Tail gate garnish
  10. Exhaust finisher
  11. Aftermarket exhaust
  12. Aftermarket coil pack
  13. Aftermarket engine mount

Bear in mind that some of the parts featured above in my poison list must be ordered from overseas!

Ok, Let the fun begin!

First modification - the VW OE tailgate garnish

While I was patiently waiting for the delivery of the car, I surfed the net daily in order to find parts for the car modifications. The first I chanced upon was some OE replacement parts from Oriental Parts. The website carries parts for various VAG models which ranges from switches, headlights to grills.

I also stumbled upon the tailgate garnish in chrome. When installed,  it effectively brought out the "blink", making a normal boxy hatchback look more glamorous. It only took  2 weeks for delivery and installation was as simple as using a 3M double sided tape.

I recalled how i conned  my wifey in into performing my very first modification to the car on delivery day when the polo was just a few hours old.

New Tail Gate Garnish to add to the "Blink"

Second modification - VW OE Sports pedals
Although the interior of the polo looks great with the chrome trimmings on the air on vents and the headlight knobs. However, I still felt that there was something amiss, something lacking to complete the overall look and give it the X factor. Hence, the search was on and I  finally came across some accessories on the local forum - Vagsg.com. This website is truly THE site for poisoning all VAG Cars owners. Although there are many workshops featured in this forum and they import parts from Europe for resale locally, there are very limited choices for the Polo 6R.

After hours of surfing, I finally found what I am looking for - The OE sports pedal set for the Polo. It's from a company called Godspeed auto accessories. I called them to make an appointment for the installation the following week. The installation of the pedals was straight pretty forward since it's just a clip on to both the pedals.

However, take note that the original brake pedal pad must be removed during the installation of the sports brake pedal. As  for the accelerator, it's just clip on. Installation took less then 15 mins.
I am pretty satisfied with the outcome - I have successfully made  interior slightly more sporty.


VW OE Sports Pedals complete the sporty look

For those who are keen, Godspeed auto accessories operates at the same location as the local popular workshop, Horizon Auto Tuner. Horizontal  auto tuner was started by a couple of enthusiasts offering a one stop service to all VW / Audi cars. And this is also the workshop which helps me in my next up and coming modification:  Rear sway bar, flown all the way  from Whiteline, Australia.

Hmmm..... Upon reflection, the handwork in researching  the parts has really paid off in some sense. I am pretty satisfied with the first 2 mods and can't wait to start on my next!!


Nonetheless, do stay tuned  for part 2 in my quest to enhance our "Little Red Riding Hood"! Tada ~~!



0 comments